FW: [Moderator Action] new to DAV

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:30:25 -0800
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Burhan Nizameddine [mailto:burhan@zui.ca]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 9:50 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] new to DAV

Hi,

I have created a server with Dav enabled that supports the options and
propfind methods. I have tested it with a Dav client it is working fine.

but when I have tried it with the microsoft windows XP 'my network places',
windows client send to my server a propfind request with an empty body and I
respond by giving all the prop properties but on the client side, windows
gives an error

"[my server] is not accessible."

eventhough I have no security restriction on my server.

what could be the problem with communicating with a microsoft window client?

Thanks,

Burhan