Re (2): Quota draft issues from Atlanta WG mtg.

From: <Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:44:13 +0100 (MET)
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Cc: Edgar@EdgarSchwarz.de

Jim Luther <luther.j@apple.com> wrote:
> I'd be very surprised if anyone has shipped an implementation using the
> "*-bytes" property names yet (I know Apple hasn't because we're waiting
> for a consensus on the issues), so this is probably the best time to
> make a name change.
I agree. At first I wondered about the discussion. For me a byte had 8 bits.
But octets avoids all discussions how many bits it has. So now would be the
time to change.

Cheers, Edgar

P.S. I didn't get any reaction on some earlier posts. But I guess silence
means disagreement :-), so it's ok.

--
edgar@edgarschwarz.de                    http://www.edgarschwarz.de
*          DOSenfreie Zone.        Running Active Oberon.         *