RE: Submitting lock tokens without a validity check

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 14:15:46 -0800
To: "'Clemm, Geoff'" <gclemm@rational.com>, "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Julian said: "Checking: the desired semantics are that the request
succeeds
   independently of the lock still being present or not?"

Geoff said: "Yes."

My response: I don't agree with that narrow definition of what's
desired.  I think the problem statement is that the if header is
constantly causing interoperability problems. The desired semantics are
"some semantics that make locks easier to use".

Lisa