RE: BIND vs. non-movable resources in RFC3253

The purpose of a stable URL for a version and a version
history is to guarantee that that URL will always identify
that resource.  This provides the client with two benefits:

The first is that it can just pass that URL around
and not have to worry about getting the wrong
resource because that URL has been remapped to another
resource.

The second is to give the client a "reliable" way to locate
the resource (i.e. a mapping that only goes away when the
resource no longer exists).

I believe the second benefit is worth the added complexity
of saying "the stable binding cannot be deleted if there
are multiple entries in the DAV:parent-set".

Whether or not this is a a significant benefit of course
depends on whether your client takes advantage of it, but I
think the cost is minimal, especially since these kinds of
bindings are already constrained to never be remapped to
another resource.