From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de]
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 6:19 AM
To: 'Webdav WG'
Subject: BIND vs. non-movable resources in RFC3253

Hi,

RFC3253 defines several kinds of resources that MUST NOT be moved, for
instance version resources ([1]) and version history resources ([2]).

How does this impact the ability to create additional bindings?

a) You can't (so do we need additional preconditions)?
b) You can, but you can't delete the original binding (so do we need to
extend the DELETE semantics)?
c) We don't care -- BIND/DELETE may work, although MOVE is forbidden (in
which case I'd like zo understand why).

Julian

[1] <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3253.html#rfc.section.3.15>
[2] <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3253.html#rfc.section.5.8>