RE: Issue: Requiring server to use / terminated URL for returned collections

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:48:31 -0400
To: "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
   From: Jason Crawford [mailto:nn683849@smallcue.com]

   I think the remaining issues are...

   Were there truly some interop issues with not always returning a
   trailing slash?  What were they?  Would a requirement of
   consistancy work just as well as requiring a terminating slash?

   Certain broken behaviors in existing clients/servers was mentioned.
   What products, people, etc do we need to follow up with?

   Can a client assume that, if a server returns a URL that ends in a
   slash, the resource referenced is a collection?

I would have no problem with that requirement, if it can be
demonstrated to have significant client value.

Cheers,
Geoff