Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-02.txt

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 01:58:35 -0700
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Cc: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 09:57:39AM -0700, Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> I firmly believe that it is correct for a draft to go to the IETF
> Internet-Draft repository when it is circulated to the entire WG mailing
> list.  I would be happy to have Patrick, Ned or Harald correct me on
> this.

I *completely* agree with your position, Lisa. I don't think Julian should
have taken any issue with the posting of a new I-D. Having a new I-D
provides a concrete draft for further discussion and refinement. People can
now refer to the -02 draft, rather than some nebulous concept of "lisa's
draft as of last Tuesday".

Please keep sending in new I-D's each time you have additional content.
You've got at least one supporter here :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/