RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-02.txt

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:43:51 -0700
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

> but I really have a problem with the process here. Why is the I-D
> submitted
> *before* there is consensus on the changes?

To be clear, I thought that for all the issues in the draft, either:
 - they weren't controversial,
 - OR they were controversial but consensus (not unanimity) was close.

And in any case, it's the exact wording that needs to be seen to
determine real consensus.  When I-D's are published, it's correct to
publish them to the I-D repository, rather than just circulate them on
the list.  If we were only to circulate a RFC2518-bis text document on
the DAV list, then non-list-members wouldn't have the same awareness and
accessibility to the document that they have if documents are published
correctly.

Also, I thought this goes without saying, but nobody is implying that
this I-D is anywhere ready for WG last call.  There are major unresolved
issues.

We always encourage discussion and if desired straw polls on the list.

lisa