Re: Digest authentication

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:46:52 +0200 (CEST)
To: Jim Luther <luther.j@apple.com>
cc: Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Jim Luther wrote:

> I should have brought this issue up during the Interop event in Santa
> Cruz, because many of the servers I tested against there did not
> support Digest authentication. Since Digest support is a MUST in
> RFC2518, it would be nice if our client could depend on it and not have
> to bother users with a warning.

Note that Apache 1.3 has most recently (2002-10-10) been patched to
interoperate with Apple's DAV client in MacOS 10.x

The issue was that the "Authorization" line contained a mix of quoted and
non quoted tokens; and apache used to barf on a non quoated uri value
which non alphanum chars. This is now fixed. Apache 2.0 was fine all along.

That should add a nice block of servers which interoperate.

Dw