RE: Interop issue: how can clients force authentication?

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:37:05 +0200
To: "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>, "'Ilya Kirnos'" <ilya.kirnos@oracle.com>
Cc: "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Lisa,

I think this...:

> There may be other methods which an unauthenticated user can receive a
> success response, but which would work even better if the user were
> authenticated.

makes it clear that we need some more time to precisely describe what the
actual problem is. It's an interesting problem, and I suppose it needs to be
discussed in relation to the ACL spec. However I don't think there's any
reason to declare it an interop problem just to rush a quick workaround into
RFC2518bis.