Re: Interop issue: Can we require clients to accept cookies?

From: Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:45:29 -0700
CC: Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

>RFC 2518 is silent on cookies.... it was proposed that RFC2518 bis ... say that
>"clients SHOULD support cookies".

I generally agree with the previous posts in this thread - against
cookies, or at least the language above being included in RFC2518 bis.
Aside from the other reasons brought up previously, cookies break the
REST architectural model. Rather than further entrench their use, it
would be nice for WebDAV to help move HTTP away from the use of cookies.

Elias