Re: Proposal: WebDAV and transaction

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:34:29 +0200
Cc: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
To: "B. Shadgar" <shadgar@cs.bris.ac.uk>

> Thanks for your explanation. You have open a new view to me. But I
> am thinking is this way stateless or not?

As stateless as possible given that we are talking about transactions.
Each request contains all of the information necessary to understand
that request, which is the only issue left given that a transaction
implies that the requests are stored for committal rather than applied
immediately.  In other words, it is just as stateless as one method
containing lots of requests.

....Roy