RE: Links to latest bis working docs

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:36:58 +0200
To: "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Just two comments on:

1.1       Source property
The Source property has not had interoperability demonstrated, but messages
to the list support keeping some way of retrieving the source of
dynamically-generated Web pages.  An interoperable solution exists (the
Microsoft Translate header) but has received rejection on the list due to
its lack of support for dynamically-generated resources with multiple source
files.

- the Translate header violates RFC2616 which explicitly says that variant
handling is *not* supposed to switch between "getting the source" and
"executing a script"

- the actual implementation in IIS breaks RFC2616 in that it doesn't list
"Translate" as request header on which the GET result varies.

Regards, Julian