Interoperability for DAV:ishidden?

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:01:51 +0200
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

Hi,

one thing that the participants of the interop meeting may want to
consider...

A long time ago ([1]), Microsoft proposed a live property DAV:ishidden which
signals that a resource should be displayed as hidden in a UI.

Support currently exists in:

MS IIS 5.0: reports DAV:ishidden according to the file system flags of the
underlying file system
MS webfolder client: asks for DAV:ishidden, and hides the resource when it
is reported as hidden
SAP Enterprise Portal Server: treats DAV:ishidden as live property with the
semantics defined in [1]

I think this is a really useful feature, and in case we can identify another
client that supports it, we may want to roll it into RFC2518.

Regards, Julian

[1] <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-hopmann-collection-props-00.txt>