RE: New RFC2518bis draft, COPY / MOVE of live properities

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:14:28 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

I believe this definition will work in enough cases for the
implementor to be able to extrapolate what to do in those
multiple-representation cases (and I'll bet is very close to how
Xythos actually does implement its cross-repository MOVE).

In particular, I believe we have to say something to clarify the
distinction between MOVE and COPY, and that this would be a reasonable
compromise between "fully defines every case" (not achievable) and
"undefined" (pretty much what we have in 2518).  But I'm always open
to replacing it with something better!

Cheers,
Geoff