RE: New RFC2518bis draft, property values after LOCK of unmapped URL

I agree with Julian.

From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 6:24 PM
To: Lisa Dusseault; Julian Reschke; Jason Crawford; w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org
Subject: RE: New RFC2518bis draft, property values after LOCK of unmapped
URL

Lisa,

I think we should just re-state that the DAV: get* properties reflect the
values of the HTTP entity headers. They may be present or not. If they are
present, they MUST conform to the definitions in RFC2616, in particular,
they MUST NOT be blank.

It doesn't make sense to require PROPFIND to return something different from
GET/HEAD. If the server doesn't know the content language, that's it. Nobody
is served by somebody trying to come up with a "default".

Guess what: the Microsoft Webfolder client PUTs all files with a content
language header of "en_US" - even on a german Windows installation. That's a
bug, not a feature.