RE: New RFC2518bis draft

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 19:33:54 -0400
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

   From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de]

   > From:  Lisa Dusseault

   > Section 4.5: Propertybehavior (in MOVE, COPY) removed

   Maybe MOVE and COPY need to be treated differently. If a server
   can't move a resource with it's live properties staying alive, I'd
   claim that it actually can't move the resource at all, and thus
   MOVE should fail (requiring the client to fall back to

I agree that MOVE and COPY need to be treated differently, and I
further agree that MOVE should fail if live properties cannot be
maintained (requiring the client to fall back to COPY/DELETE).

Lisa: I noticed that you did not respond to Julian's concern
about deprecating DAV:allprop.  Does this mean that you agree with
his proposal to have it mean "2518 properties and all dead properties"?
Note that I am happy to have DAV:allprop be given this interpretation.