Re: RFC 3253 - Versioning Extensions to WebDAV

Several years ago a graduate student from UCI had an idea; maybe we could
make Tim Berners-Lee's original vision of a write-able web come true. He
collected together a motley crew of academics and corporate mavericks and
started to build a standard. More years later then any of us care to
remember that graduate student's (now a professor at UCSC) original vision
of a set of standards upon which to build a write-able web has finally
come true. With RFC 2518 and RFC 3253 it is now possible to build rich,
full featured, interoperable document management products. Of course there
is more work to do. There always is. But the terms of engagement have
changed, the standards are there, the foundation is built, now it's time
to get on to the rest of the building.

The number of people who had to put in hard hours to make WebDAV a reality
is long and many of them are acknowledged in RFC 2518 and RFC 3253 but
none of us would have been able to make these contributions if it hadn't
been for the vision, persistence, generosity and level headedness of Jim
Whitehead.

So thank you Jim!

	Yaron