RE: RFC2518 ambiguity on creationdate/lastmodifieddate

Geoff,

as far as I can tell, PCDATA is defined in:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#NT-Mixed

where it says:

[Definition: An element type has mixed content when elements of that type
may contain character data, optionally interspersed with child elements.] In
this case, the types of the child elements may be constrained, but not their
order or their number of occurrences:

Note the "may".

Besides, this would mean that with DTDs you can't have elements that are
restricted to arbitrary text content, but may not be empty. This is clearly
not the case.

Finally: in doubt, try it with a validating parser.