RE: WebDAV XML handling vs. external entities

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:09:29 -0400
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Jim Whitehead" <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>, w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

<<
It think we should clarify. Right now, existing servers seem to either
ignore the external entitiy (mod_dav) or report an error (IIS). I think the
former is wrong because it means that part of the request wasn't parsed, so
the request shouldn't be executed. For the sake of clarity, I think it
would
be a good thing to recommend that servers should fail the request.

Opinions?

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com