From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:19:02 -0700
To: "Webdav WG \(E-mail\)" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
> It does mean requiring that clients resolve XML namespaces on attribute
> names, which hasn't be necessary so far to implement a DAV client (in my
> experience anyway); possible interoperability issues there.
> I'll implement this source-set proposal sometime this week hopefully,
> given that nobody else objects to using XLink.

In this case I think we should be compatible with the XLink syntax. As
members of the broader community of Web standards developers, we should be
consistent with existing relevant standards, unless we have a strong reason
for deviating.

Since most clients do not currently support the source property, I suspect
the interoperability issues won't be very significant.

- Jim

PS - I can't wait until Yaron sees we have added another XML attribute into
the DAV spec :-)