Re: HTTP If-* headers

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:28:42 -0400
To: Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
Cc: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@Rational.Com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

I agree with Stefan.  ETags should only apply to the GET/HEAD response.
We can invent something else if we want some ETAG-like support that applies
to properties.

Stefan did mention PUT.  I wound't even necessarily mention that since more
than just PUT can alter the GET response.

Stefan, you've apparently just read the IF-* specifications.   Does this
sound acceptable in view of what you read?

J.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com