RE: displayname vs. Microsoft webfolders

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:22:09 +0200
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com>, "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

MS Webfolder does that. The result being that if you rename an internal
member and then do a refresh of the window, you see the old name again
(because DAV:displayname does not change as well). I'd call this a client
problem that could have been avoided with a better description of
DAV:displayname.

> The second is a protocol issue, namely, does a client assume it can use
> the DAV:displayname as an "alternative segment name" to identify the
> resource
> (i.e. it can use that display name to compose a URL for that resource).
> This is blatantly wrong.  I assumed Julian was encountering the latter
> situation, and that is what I agreed with disallowing ... Julian?

MS Webfolder seems to *internally* keep the right URL, yet it displays the
wrong one (both as member name and in the "href" column).