RE: DASL - who wants to use it? (requirements spec?)

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:37:33 -0800
To: "Alan Kent" <ajk@mds.rmit.edu.au>, "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Not sure if anybody ever answered your basic question about whether DASL
addresses content querying.  It does.

Here is the query fragment that would search the body of a document:
<D:where>
  <D:contains>Peter Forsberg</D:contains>
</D:where>

This is similar to the property queries, but it does not name a property,
therefore it's the content that must be searched for the string.

Note that it's possible to do exact string matching ("Peter Forsberg") and
string-by-string matching ("Peter" and "Forsberg", not necessarily
together).  Section 5.13.1 of DASL shows both examples.

Lisa