RE: issue: XML Namespace Concatenation

I would want us to remove any reference to concatentation,
and to just say that a tag name is identified by the pair:
<namespace-URI, xml-node-name>

From: Jason Crawford [mailto:ccjason@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 6:09 PM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: issue: XML Namespace Concatenation

In a recent discussion, several people expressed dissatisfaction with
rfc2518  section 23.4 which says that the Namespace URI and the local part
are concatenated to determine the qualified tag name.  I think someone even
suggested that it was on the issues list and was going to be changed.  As I
look at the issues list, there is an item for it, but it doesn't look like
it was resolved to take any action.

What's the verdict on this issue?

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com