Re: Purpose of Namespace

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 01:01:03 -0500
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@ebuilt.com>
Cc: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@Rational.Com>, "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 06:13:42PM -0500, Clemm, Geoff wrote:
> > I do not understand your point here.
> >
> > WebDAV uses XML namespaces to provide extensibility for
> > property names, not because it lets the examples
> > be shorter.
> Maybe that should be said in the spec.

I can add that to the issues/todo list, but I think I've heard Jim and a
few other people mention something about the prefered style of prose in the
spec, so I thought I'd check first...

Is this something we want to put in the spec... or would we put that in a
meta document?... like an annotated spec?

If latter, I'm sure I can denote that in the issues list.

J.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com