RE: Last Call: Access Control Protocol

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 11:01:39 +0100
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@ebuilt.com>, "Jim Whitehead" <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Cc: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

I agree with the criticism to invent a new URI scheme in the first place.
But this happened three years ago (RFC2518), not for ACL.

It's true that

	<D:elementname xmlns:D="DAV:" />

is just one of many representations, but the fact that RFC2518 (as well)
always uses the same format doesn't seem to have produced non-interoperable
clients. The requirement is to parse requests and responses using a
namespace-aware XML processor. If you don't, you have a problem. If you do,
you won't care at all about the XML serialisation format.

Julian