Re: Ideas: GETSRC & MULTIPUT

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 10:35:27PM -0500, Clemm, Geoff wrote:
> I continue to believe that GETSRC (and its other xxxSRC friends)
> would be a very unfortunate direction to pursue.  In particular,
> I think having the separate URL is a clear win for clients.  I'd

Agreed.

> be interested in even a partially compelling story from the server
> vendors as to why they cannot generate additional URL's for the
> source resources (or in many cases, expose the source resource URL,
> when it already has its own URL).

No reason here other than "haven't spent time on it (yet)." I pretty much
know how I'd do it -- there isn't any technical problem with it. One new
directive and a little code to auto-generate the DAV:link property.

If client were pushing for it, then I probably would have coded it already.
Kind of a chicken and egg thing.

Cheers,
-g

--