From: Jim Whitehead [mailto:ejw@cse.ucsc.edu]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 3:14 PM
To: WebDAV
Subject: Ideas: GETSRC & MULTIPUT

I'm interested in the list's thoughts on two ideas for DAV improvements:

The first is to introduce a GETSRC method to support access to the
unprocessed source of a resource. This would decouple the dynamic response
of a resource (GET) from its static source (GETSRC).

The second is to introduce the MULTIPUT method to support "PUT with
PROPPATCH" scenarios. MULTIPUT would accept some subset of multipart MIME
packages and atomically write them to the server. This would support the
update of a resource and its metadata in one transaction.

- Jim