webdav ticket draft

From: Keith Ito <kito@xythos.com>
Date: 27 Oct 2001 13:24:13 -0700
To: Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
I've written a draft on incorporating tickets into WebDAV. Tickets are a
means of transferring access privileges through the use of a token
presented by a client when requesting a file.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ito-dav-ticket-00.txt

At Xythos, we're implementing tickets so that a WebDAV client can offer
an "email a link" option on an access-controlled WebDAV resource - the
client could request a ticket for the file from the server and then
attach it to a URL which can be sent to another user. However, tickets
can be used for a number of other purposes as well.

Please let me know if there is any interest in pursuing the
standardization of tickets.

-- Keith