How to avoid a PROPFIND method

From: Carlos Hung <chung@covalent.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:26:53 -0700
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I'm using the WebdavResource APIs in my application.

Instantiating a WebdavResource(HttpURL  url) generates a PROPFIND
method.

I've tried to instantiate it using:
    WebdavResource(HttpURL, WebdavResource.NOACTION,
DepthSupport.DEPTH_0);

I do avoid the PROPFIND method; but I get this error message in the web
server error.log:
    "... request failed: error reading the headers"

And my Put method fails.

It seems that WebdavResource depends on a PROPFIND before a PUT method.

Could someone please tell me how I could invoke a PUT without doing a
PROPFIND method?

Thanks,
Carlos Hung