RE: rfc2518 issue: DEFER_LOCK_NULL_RESOURCES_IN_SPEC

From: Keith Wannamaker <Keith@Wannamaker.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:54:52 -0400
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
| The current implementations have demonstrated that lock null resources
| are not a basis for interoperability.

This statement has been mentioned several times, in one form or
another, in this thread.  Do you have documentation or test cases
for these interoperability problems?

When I did the initial locknull implementation for mod_dav, it seemed
to me that the notion of a lock-null resource as presented in 2518
was very clear and logical.  On what have implementors disagreed?

It seems to me that we gain more from the work already done and
implemented to clarify, if needed, rather than abandon.

Keith