RE: WebDAV Resources

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:07:04 -0700
To: "B. Shadgar" <shadgar@cs.bris.ac.uk>, "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
> I am wondering if anybody let me know or reference me which project and
> software support databases as it's resources, while using webdav
> features to have access control on the objects of database like tables,
> views and queries? And how they use of Webdav to implement access
> control.

I suppose it depends on how literally I read your request.

I'm not sure I know of any servers that treat an entire database as a single
WebDAV resource (well, I suppose you could store an entire Access database
file on any DAV server...)

As for servers that use a database for their internal representation and
storage of resources and properties, several of the WebDAV servers do this.
My understanding is that Xythos WebFile server, Exchange 2000, Oracle
Internet File System, and Intraspect 4 are all database backed --
undoubtedly there are others as well.

- Jim