Re: WebDAV and write access discovery

From: Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:41:51 +0200
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

> Yet another approach would be to do a PROPFIND on the resource, to
> see if it has any locks.  Or aren't lock tokens listed as
> properties?  (One tricky bit here would be to map from the HREF to
> the authenticated user, but presumably I would know what URL I set
> myself.)

I've used cadaver against mod_dav on my laptop (SuSE 6.4 linux), and
what it uses as the <owner><href> of a lock is username@hostname
(where "username" is the name you're authenticated as, and hostname is
the name of the host withouth the domain name).

But that's mod_dav on one particular machine.  It doesn't say anything
about what another mod_dav installation might do, or what IIS does. :-/