RE: Security and WebDAV

"SSL or RSA" is a category error. SSL is a protocol that uses various
encryption algorithms. RSA is the key exchange and digital signature
algorithm most commonly used by SSL.  What exactly is it you're trying
to do that you think that SSL can't do?

For more information on the interaction between HTTP and SSL, check
out RFC 2817 and RFC 2818 or a book on SSL (the two SSL books are
Rescorla and Thomas).

I don't know for sure, but I can make some reasonable surmises about
how Web Folders works.  If it uses the same internet layer that other
MS applications do, and I'm fairly certain it does, then it will
recognize URLs that are for HTTP over SSL ("https:") and act accordingly.
I do know Web Folders will prompt the user for a username/password if
it attempts to access protected resources on a server and gets the
right error back.

It should work the same in any other WebDAV client on any platform.
The use of HTTP with SSL is a well-understood problem with an
interoperable standards-based solution.

Lisa