FW: Copying a file from local computer to the server

Accidentally sent to the -request address.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: El?bieta Angielska [mailto:Elzbieta.Angielska@rodan.pl]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 6:46 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth-request@w3.org
Subject: Copying a file from local computer to the server

Hi,
I'm building an internet application using jsp and servlets on IBM
WebSphere v3.5 with IBM HTTP Server and mod_dav.

In this application the user has a form in the browser, she enters a
path to the file on her local computer and some data describing this
file.
What I need to do on submit action is to send the data from the form and

copy attached file from the local computer to the proper directory on
the server.
Does anyone have a piece of code in java doing anything like that?
I'm not even sure if mod_dav enables copying file from the local
computer to the server.
I know, that there is something like DAV4J, and it includes some java
api to web_dav operations, but as far as I know it works only on nt.
How to use mod_dav in servlets?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Ela