Re: [dav-dev] Ampersands in file problem using win2k

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:47:22 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
CC: dav-dev@lyra.org
Greg Stein wrote:

> The other possibility is that I'm mistaken in assuming that &amp; is the
> correct substitution for an ampersand in an <href> element. I could see an
> argument being made that the URL should be encoded using %26 for the
> ampersand.

That sounds worth a try, at least, since HTTP URLs generally don't have & in the
filename part of the URL.  Using the &amp; encoding means that it'll be protected
from the XML parser, but then the application will see an & in the filename.

|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|eCal Corp.      |I'm not imaginary. I'm ontologically challenged.|
|francis@ecal.com|                                                |