RE: Office 2000 read-only

Hi Jeremy,

Well, I took a quick look at your protocol trace, and nothing obvious
immediately jumps out at me.  Your lock timout value seems a little high,
but is less than 2^32-1, which is around 4 billion, if memory serves me
well.  It's possible Office doesn't like the timeout value to be too far off
the 120 seconds it requests (although I doubt it, since I have heard of
other people changing this timeout value without any trouble). You're also
not using a status phrase (the "OK" in "HTTP/1.1 200 OK") in the lock
response, but this also shouldn't make any difference. One grasping straw
idea is perhaps Office defaults to read-only if the <isreadonly/> property
isn't set (you're returning 404 for them).  But then why would Office try to
lock the document in the first place?

Anyone have any ideas on Jeremy's problem?

- Jim