Re: Recommendations for integrating WebDAV and other applications

From: Alan Kent <ajk@mds.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:34:54 +1000
To: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 11:39:21PM -0400, Clemm, Geoff wrote:
> I can see why you would want the authoring location to be different
> from the released location, but just for interests sake, can you
> explain why you would separate the webdav root from the dms root?

The DMS root I was referring to was the user interface to the DMS
application. That is, it comes up with menu bars with commands like
'display worklist'. The URLs are not normal resources - its more like
a CGI-bin application with lots of arguments encoded into the URL.

So the DMS urls do not relate to resources made available from WebDAV
in my particular application. So it seemed good to separate them.

Alan