RE: Status code for creating lock-null resource

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:55:12 -0400
To: "Dan Brotsky" <dbrotsky@Adobe.COM>
Cc: "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@xythos.com>, <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

> >   At any
> >rate, I wouldn't support adding a completely new concept (no-content
> >resources) even if we did remove the lock-null concept.
> No-content resources are not new; they're in HTTP 1.0 and 1.1.
I agree and to go further, the point isn't that there is no content.  We
might chose to enhance this later to allow it to have content or to create
a type of resource that doesn't even have the concept of content.  The
point isn't content or no-content.  The real point is that a resource is
created.