RE: Status code for creating lock-null resource

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:32:41 -0400
To: "Hall, Shaun" <Shaun.Hall@gbr.xerox.com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

<<
Am I the only person who actually has no real big problem with lock-null
resources (LNRs) ?

I have no problem with them as long as we don't pretend they are anything
other than a null resource (with a lock rooted on them).   They really
aren't that strange.  It's mostly because we've felt compelled to say that
they are a real resource or a quasi-resouce that we've had confusion and
angst over the years.