RE: Are you using lock discovery?

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:12:36 -0400
To: "WebDAV WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

<<
As I recall, the DAV Explorer client <http://www.ics.uci.edu/~webdav/> uses
lock discovery. I believe it's smart enough to do lock discovery if a
resource is locked, and DAV Explorer doesn't have the lock token. It then
tries the lock token on the off chance the requesting principal actually
owns the lock.

Just a tangent...

I'm sure Jim know this, but I'd just like to warn other client developers
that servers are not obligated to expose the lock-token in the
lock-discovery property.   Servers might chose not to expose the tokens so
as to avoid the situation described in section 7.6.  Make sure your clients
can handle a server not returning the lock token in the lock-discovery
property.