RE: Status code for creating lock-null resource

Agreed on all of Jims points. I like the point about "URL is not mapped to a
resource". Maybe it could be included in the revised RFC as it could make
things clearer for some people ?

> A lock-null resource is a null resource that has been locked.
>  A lock null
> resource has diferent properties that a null resource.
> Specifically, it has
> at least the lock discovery properties, and it is a member of
> its parent's
> collection.

[snipped]

IMHO, null resources have no properties. After all, they don't map to any
resource within the server, can't do a PROPFIND on them etc. Is my
interpretation wrong ?

Just a reminder, LNRs have *all* the mandatory DAV properties (RFC 2518 sec
7.4), though as spec states, most will have no value (except lock
properties). One can legitimately perform a PROPFIND on a LNR and retrieve a
DAV:* property.

Regards

Shaun Hall
Xerox Europe