RE: Status code for creating lock-null resource

From: Dr Michael Evans <mike.evans@glowebs.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:36:02 +0100
>> Arrgh, where did this idea that a resource must "physically
>> exist" come
>> from??

[snip]

> A few people interpret 2) and 3) to mean that a null resource doesn't
> physically exist, which IMHO is convenient.

Convenience was certainly my intention.  Shaun's perfectly described the
sense in which I originally meant 'physically exist'.  Given that the
original question to which I replied asked what a locked-null resource was
for, and if an example could be given, it seemed the most appropriate phrase
to use.

Mike Evans