Oracle IFS vs. Microsoft Webfolders

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:49:30 +0200
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hi,

we just tried to WebDAV-mount an Oracle IFS (1.1) using Microsoft's
webfolder client, and failed.

Inspection of OPTIONS and PROPFIND responses showed:

1) Oracle IFS only supports DAV class 1, and doesn't return an ALLOW header
on OPTIONS,

2) <getetag> is "getetag_blah" for all resources,

3) It tries to return <getlastmodified> in RFC format, but uses it's locale
for formatting, which obviously will not produce an RNC formatted date when
your language isn't english,

4) It tries to return <creationdate> in RFC format (and fails in the same
way), while this should be in ISO8601 format,

5) <getcontentlanguage> (when not "unknown") is set to language strings like
"ENGLISH" (which I think is incorrect according to section 14.13 of
[RFC2068])

Did anybody have more luck trying this?

Julian