RE: [Moderator Action] about implement webDAV

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:13:34 -0700
To: "WebDAV WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, <want@us.ibm.com>
> I check out the article " webDAV project" writen by Jonathan Shapiro, Shao
> Rong and Marc Eaddy online. It is very useful for me.
> But there is no any images in that article online. please check this site:
> http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/teaching/ais/1998/projects/WebDAV/
> webdav.html

Well, I don't have the figures for this paper. However, this project
implemented a very early draft of the WebDAV protocol, and so I'd be
hesitant to draw too many conclusions from it. In particular, there are now
several WebDAV servers that implement RFC 2518 that contain full source code
(mod_dav & DAV4J being two), and they are probably a better starting point
than this older work.

- Jim