RE: RDF and DAV properties

From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 01:39:09 +0100 (BST)
To: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
cc: WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
On Fri, 25 May 2001, Jim Whitehead wrote:

> > > As a minimum, I'd like to try to get a student project
> > > or two looking at building some prototypes. What do you reckon?
>
> Another idea is to tweak the RDF photo metadata project code, described at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/photo-rdf/
>
> To use DAV properties.  At present, it returns the RDF metadata using HTTP
> content negotiation -- ask for text/rdf or text/* and you get RDF, otherwise
> you get the image.  Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to add code to
> have Jigsaw to output this metadata information in a DAV property...

Good idea! There's been a little discussion of this on the sinister and
secretive W3C www-annotation list(*),
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-annotation/2001JanJun/

Since Yves is involved in RDFPic, and Libby works with me at ILRT, this
might prove fun. I bought a digital camera recently so I'm all in
favour of better ways of interacting with such content. And I happen to
be sat on top of a wealth of interesting if unsettling image data +
metadata (http://www.brisbio.ac.uk/) so there's certainly testbed
content available, again perhaps student project material?

Dan

(*) signup: send a secret handshake..
	To: www-calendar-request@w3.org
	Subject: subscribe