RFC 2518 ... in French! (Version franšaise de RFC 2518)

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:31:22 -0700
To: "WebDAV WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Cc: <jjthomasson@nagora.com>, "Eric Van der Vlist" <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Thanks to the translation effort of Jean-Jacques Thomasson
<jjthomasson@nagora.com>, and
Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>, the WebDAV Distributed Authoring
Protocol specification is now available in a French language translation,
at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/protocol/rfc2518.fr.html

I am extremely grateful for this translation -- my mind boggles at the
amount of work that must have been involved in the translation effort.

Protocol specifications are hard enough to read when you're a native English
speaker, so I can only imagine how painful it must be to try and understand
an RFC when English is a second or third language.  This translation makes
it much easier for French speaking people to understand the WebDAV
Distributed Authoring Protocol, and I hope this leads to more implementation
and use of WebDAV in the French speaking community.

- Jim