RE: Issue: ALLPROP_AND_COMPUTED

   From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@lyra.org]

   > I have to agree that [allowing a server to not return versioning
   > properties with DAV:allprop] is a stealth action to undermine
   > (the effects of) allprop.

   > I'm guessing you're joking, but I'd like to hear why that was put in
that
   > spec.  Was there some issue involved that we haven't mentioned here?

   I doubt it was joking. It truly was a stealth action. I've never noticed
it
   before. Looks like it was in 14.1 and 15 at least.

Since this topic was discussed at length at the last IETF
DeltaV meeting, and then reported to this mailing list in
the official minutes for that meeting, I'm not sure that
"truly a stealth action" is either a fair or accurate
description of the process.

Since the deltav properties cannot be understood in their raw form by
a user, nor (for the most part) can they be updated by a PROPATCH,
Lisa's comments apply, and it would be pointless for a client to
retrieve them if that client does not explicitly understand their
semantics (in which case, it can ask for them explicitly).