RE: [ACL] Reviewing the ACL Spec - IsPrincipal

We had many discussions about whether or not to try to stick
<IsPrincipal> in dav:resourcetype.  The consensus of the working
group was that dav:resourcetype is too simple to extend nicely.

The other issue other than the WebFolders bug you are alluding to
is that there isn't really a type system in WebDAV.  What you want
is to define all of the abstract interfaces that a resource
supports.  The Java version of this might be:

<Group.java>

public class Group extends ietf.webdav.Resource
		 	 implements  ietf.webdav.Principal,
					 ietf.webdav.Versioned,
					 ietv.webdav.Collection
{
}

Since we are reexamining RFC2518 at the same time we are releasing
versioning & ACLs, maybe we should address this?  I think this is
a general problem.  DeltaV addresses the "what interfaces do you
support" question by looking for particular properties, which is also
kind of hokey.

Whaddaya think, Jim W?